Saturday 22 September 2012

Home is where the heart is


I have recently been stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have such mixed emotions about where I want to be – Durban or Cape Town. I left Durban to start a new life and adventure, make new friends, see what is beyond the Durban life and just become the person I have always wanted to be, not how people knew me as and how I had to act to fit in. I came to Cape Town absolutely loving every second, living the dream if you want to call it that. I made such amazing friends, always meeting new people, saw how beautiful this city is and just being myself. Now that I have been here for almost two years, I am really starting to miss my hometown, Durban.
 
The two places are completely different, Cape Town having a much more laid back feel and is more vibrant and busy. Durban being more relaxed and people being a lot friendlier and you have the whole beach and sun vibe.  I miss it so much and I realise more and more everyday how completely different they are. Now what do I do? It is hard because my family is all in Cape Town now, whom I’m very close to but I would call myself a Durban girl. Whenever I go back I feel like I am back at home where I still have my very good close friends and some of some other family are also close to Durbs.

It is such a hard decision and I’m really battling with it. I think it is so important to be happy where you are because it determines the outcome of the person you want to become. It’s not like the two places are on two sides of the world so it’s easy to move between the two.

So soon I will have to make this really hard decision but I know that whatever decision I make it will be the right one.
                                            http://www.musesonair.com/2010/02/fork-road/

No comments:

Post a Comment