Friday 21 September 2012

Conventional is a good fallback position isn’t it?

Have you ever felt like you are different or don’t fit in to most other peoples standards? Well you know what? Good. I think it is amazing being different and not being like anyone else. Can you imagine if everyone in the world was the same? How boring would that be? You make life interesting. People might not agree with the way you dress or talk or have different interests to other people but that’s ok.
                          http://barbariangroup.com/employees/rye_clifton?order=id&page=3
My eyes were opened when I moved to Cape Town. Coming from Durban, the stereotypes there are really big. ‘Stoned surfers’, ‘Barbie’s’, ‘laid back’, and so on. Well it’s pretty much exactly that. Nobody is really different and if you are, then you considered out of the loop or not cool or whatever it may be. Coming to Cape Town, most people are different and everyone has their own unique individual styles or personalities. I think that this is amazing! At first I was really shocked and quite amused but you become so used to it that you actually really start respecting people like this that can be separate from the norm.
So when you feeling down about being different, embrace it and use it do great things. Besides who wants to be ‘normal’? I know I don’t.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment