Friday 21 September 2012

Annual Spring Charity Dog Walk


About 3 weeks ago, myself and 2 of my other friends from varsity attended the Annual Spring Charity Dog Walk in Pinelands and it was honestly the best time I have had in a while. My street kid, Bella was actually quite an embarrassment when we first got there and she would not stop barking at the other dogs and made such a scene. She eventually calmed down when we had to walk 2km around the field and she had an absolute ball.
There were different competitions we could enter our dogs into and my friend Roelien and I decided we were going to enter our babies into the Mr and Miss doggie of the day competition. All the money went to animal cruelly so it was money well spent. Anyway all I could think about was for Bella to just calm down and not embarrass me. She walked around for the judges and spectators so well that she was one of the winners. I was one proud mom. Boeta, Roeliens dog, was also one of the winners for the male section.  We couldn’t have been more proud of our babies and they also won some yummy doggie food, which saved me some money.

                                                             My baby Bella

I would highly recommend that you try going to one of these walks in your area. It is a fun day where you meet lots of new people and dogs. It’s one to never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment